Hey friends and family,
My time here in Brazil is flying by. I am absolutely loving it. Today we got to visit the Sao Paulo temple for the fist time since we arrived. It is now my favorite temple. The inside honestly takes your breath away.
I want to talk to everybody for a second if I may about how we need to learn from others. In my time here thus far Ihave been able to serve as the DL for my district. These amazing 9 elders have taught me so much. Twice a week a get to stand in front of them and tell them for 30 minutes how much I love and care for them. This last Sunday I was released as the DL and I had the chance to tell them all the amazing things I see in them. We have called a new DL who is the one that last week was in the hospital like I said. He is an amazing Elder from Nephi Utah that will be great. I was sad to be released but I am happy for him. I have been called to serve as the new AP for out branch of three districts here at the CTM. I get to work a little more closely with the branch president and I conduct the leadership meetings on Sunday and it is my job to choose songs and people to pray and do other things during all the meetings on Sunday. As in my time as DL. I now as AP strive everyday to learn something from the amazing Elders in my branch. I am very blessed to be here in Brazil serving the Lord. My Portugueese is coming along at a pretty good pace but could always be better. In 14 days I leave the CTM and enter into a crazy new world, one which scares and excites me. My dear friends and family- know that I think about you all and pray for you. I hope everybody is taking great care of themselves. Feel free to write me an email anytime you would like.
Love,
Elder Wilkey
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment