Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend!

I cant believe its already conference weekend. I love conference weekend. As a missionary its really one of the greatest experiences. For six months you testify to your investigators and recent converts of the power and testimony that the living prophet and apostles have. But today and tomorrow for those who still never have seen it you get to see the look on their face when they watch it for themselves and
feel it. Everybody here in Brasil is excited to see if they annouce a new temple here in Fortaleza Brasil which is like the #3 mission in the world for growth right now. We do get to watch it in english which is good because the translators voices just arent the same as the real voices. I hope that everybody gets a chance to watch it today and tomorrow. Its a little easier for everybody there to watch it than
here. We have to go to the stake center while you just stay on the couch. LOL.
The weather is starting to get hot here which is never fun.

We are actually in spring right now so its either blazing hot or freezing cold and rainy like today. There really isnt too much in the middle. This week wasnt the greatest week for getting out and working sadly but we did get out a few days. Sadly this time here in the office is going to pass without too much teaching. But thats just the nature of the beast. Somebody has to be the secretary. But dont worry....
after here in those last 11 months that I will have I will have plenty of great stories of teaching and baptising to share. Well I hope everybody has a great weekend and has a chance to watch conference. Love you all!!

Elder Wilkey

No comments:

Post a Comment