Monday, November 2, 2009

Pics from Mission Conference and past week






This last week as been a really great one. Last Sat we had our mission conference with the whole mission meeting together which was a lot of fun and a great experience but also a headache for me. Now that its over though all is well. We had with us Elder Jay E. Jensen from the Presidency of the Seventy. It was my privledge to be the one to meet him at the door and also escort him out afterwards. When we arrived at the car of President he said "Elder Wilkey, come here." He gave me the
biggest hug I think I had ever had in my life and thanked me for all the work I had done in planning that day. Afterwards I had to gather 4 dollars from every missionary to pay for them to enter the Museum that the mission went to afterwards. Have you ever tried to put 4 dollars from 168 people in your pocket? LOL. It just doesnt fit. LOL. But in the end everybody made it in the museum and we hade a great afternoon there. Sunday was also a great day because we had 2 baptisms. We baptised a woman named Nancy and her ten year old daughter that to this day I still cant pronouce so I wont even try to spell it. LOL. This week the President was in another city with Elder Scott from the 12 apostles and thus not able to answer is phone at all during the day which made the week a little harder and more stressful but we made it through. I hope that somebody loves me enough to send me some halloween candy that they get tonight!!! JK. Here in Brasil halloween just isnt the same.
They have it but really different. I cant believe how fast this year is coming to an end. Its kinda hard here to feel like the years coming to an end because with every day its gets hotter while there it gets colder. Well I love you all and hope everybody is great!!
Elder Wilkey

No comments:

Post a Comment