Hello Friends and Family,
Well once again I have been transfered to a new area. I am now serving in the area of São Sebastião. It is about 3.5 hours by bus from São Paulo and very different. Well we were arriving in the city we even saw a monkey in the trees. Yeah..... they dont have monkeys in São Paulo. My new area is a little beach front resort town. From my house I have a view of the beach and Ilha Bela which is the one of the biggest islands off the brazilian coast line. I also have a new companion named Elder Ferreira from Fortaleza, Ceara Brazil. He has been on his mission since the 5th of January only. Here I also continue to serve as the District Leader though my district only consists of one other area where in my last area it was 5 other areas.
The work here is known to be very hard. There is a small branch here of about 40 active members. Being a small beach front town full of resorts the work is hard beacuse nobody actually lives here during the week. In fact lots of famous and rich brazilians have some amazing houses here. The branch actually meets in a rented out house that I will send pics of at another time.
The president wouldnt have sent me here without reason. In my last area my companion and I had lots of sucess with 15 baptisms in my 11 weeks there. But President said he wants to see the same results here. So...... I guess I had better get off the beach and get to work. I really hope we can baptize here. Its the actually the only area in my mission where you can actually baptize somebody in the ocean. Well I better get to work. I hope everybody enjoyed a great conference weekend as well as Easter. I love you all!!!!
Elder Wilkey
No comments:
Post a Comment