Monday, October 11, 2010

Saving a little girl's life....




Well this last week had its ups and downs for sure. Lets start with the downs. After a few days of back pains and a few other strange stomach pains I found out that I had a Kidney infection. Made for a few uncomfortable days and hard nights but now after medicine and LOTS of water everythings better. So that was the down.

The up was that I got to baptize somebody on Friday night. Something really quite interesting happened a few minutes before the baptize that I want to share. We were at home and I was in bed with my back killing me and I said to my companion "Just look at how this isnt fair, Its 7:00 pm on a Friday night. My dad and Cindy are probably getting ready to eat a nice dinner while on their vaction, my girlfriend and her family are in DisneyWorld I am sure having a blast and the rest of my family are probably all at home on their comfortable couches watching a movie with their families and I am in a bed dying of back pain." Bless my companions little heart he responds "Ya but your the only one of them that we be entering into water here in a few minutes to save a little girl´s life"

After this we had a great little talk about how great this work really is. So the baptism sadly isnt ours. In my district I have 2 sisters that had this investigator to be baptized. Being their district leader I went and did her baptismal interview and when I asked her who she wanted to baptize her she said me!!!! It was a great baptism and to top it off I made an amazing chocolate cake for everybody. So all in all it was a good week and I am doing much better now. Sadly we have transfers next week already and I hope that me and my companion can stay one more together but who know what will happen. Well I hope everybody has a great week!!!!!

Love Elder Wilkey

No comments:

Post a Comment