Monday, September 27, 2010

Sept 27th




Hey Everyone,

Life here is going great. Elder Thomas and I are getting along great other than he splashed me last night in the rain and got my white shirt all dirty but thats ok. I forgave him real fast. We had a baptism we helped out with on Friday which was great. Her name is Alice and she is 8 and her parents are members but some what less active. But since she is a child of a member and is only 8 she was a ward baptism and not a mission baptism, but my companion baptized her and I confirmed her. We are working alot with her family and also her step-dad isnt a member and we are working with him.

I had a division this week in another area here in the city and we went up one of the huge mountians to look over the city as you will see by the photo. This city is actually really neat. The city turned 450 years old this month!!! So you can imagine some of the buildings and even some of the original cobble stone streets are really old!!!!! Older than my Dad even!!!! lololol.

I am super excited for General Conference as always. Our chapel here is the stake center so that is good because here they only pass conference at the stake center. But we wont have to leave our area so thats good.

I am going to the city later tonight to start my 3 days of intense training with our mission president. I will be in meetings from 7 am to 6 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and come back late Thursday night. I am excited but at the same time will be a little crazy I am sure with 15 to 20 missionaries per house trying to get ready in the morning and what not.

Well I hope everybody is great and enjoy the pictures. Love you all!!!!!

Elder Wilkey

No comments:

Post a Comment