Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13th




Hey Friends and Family,



Well I guess I have to start off my talking about my new area and companion. I was transfered from Itaim Paulista to Vila Lavinia in the Mogi das Cruzes Stake. I am now about a 45 minute car ride from downtown São Paulo. This area is actually considered by many as the interior but its still pretty large. To be honest it kinda reminds me alot of Park City without the cold. LOL. The streets are small and full of little fancy bakeries, clothing stores and fancy hair salons. But also being in the interior farming is pretty big here and one of Brazil´s biggest tractor factories is in my area. The area is a little bit of a richer area. The houses are all quite large and thus shut off from the road making it a little hard to knock doors and find people to talk to. The area is really beautiful though full of green forests in all directions.

Now for the crazy news.... my new companion. His name is Justin Thomas from Taylorsville, Utah. He lives in the same stake as my dad. He lives in another ward but actually only 3 streets to the west from my dads house. I knew his older brother in High School and his mom was one of the lunch ladies at my high school as well. To make the story even better his grandpa was my mission prep teacher before my mission. He is 19 and a great worker. We get along great and like all the same things other than he is a Utah fan and I bleed Blue. Other than that though we like all the same stuff from movies to music and everything else. I sadly dont think our time together will be very long so I will have to take advantage of it while I can.


At the moment we do have a few good investigators but nobody really firm for baptism so we are trying our best to find new people to teach. We have an investigator named Laudivan that owns a clothing store and he loves giving us cloths which is great!!!!!!



I am happy and healthy and trying to make the best out of these last 3 months and few weeks. Later this month as a leader in the mission I have a 3 days training meeting with the president in São Paulo which should be alot of fun. I am actually quite excited. I was sad to leave my last area but thats all part of the game. I hope everybody is doing great and enjoying the start of great fall weather. Here it is starting to get hot and will only get hotter until next may when it starts to cool down. I love you all!!!!

Elder Wilkey

No comments:

Post a Comment