Editor's note: Not the real bowling alley... just another one in Sao Paulo...Another week has come and gone here in Brasil. This week was great for the work. We had lots of new investigators and we even have 2 that are scheduled for baptism on 04-19-09. I am really excited for this. I got to listen to all the sessions of conference in English which was so great. All us missionaries really liked the talk yesterday about how members need to help the elders. LOL. The weather here as been pretty good. We are entering into winter here so the temps are dropping at night. All the Brasilians freeze and I love it!!! My companion and I have a small house here all to ourselves which is nice. Be looking for pictures if you want on my blog in about 2 to 3 weeks because I will be sending pictures this week to the person who runs it for me.
During conference last night during Pres Monsons final talk, as soon as he started the rain was so hard we lost signal and conference ended. In a little room in a chapel 8 elders bowed our heads and prayed that we may be able to hear the words of our prophet. As we finished the rain slowed just enough for the signal to return and we missed about 60 seconds of conference. What a great experience that was. Also on Saturday two amazing things happened during conference. For one I got to see my cute girlfriend sing in the choir made up of Institutes. How great this was for me. She looked great and all the elders were jeolous of me. The other amazing thing was 3 weeks before I left the ctm my branch president was released and we didnt know why. On Saturday he was called to serve in 2nd qourom of the 70. How happy I am for him. He will be great. Pres. Paulo Loureiro. Today I am very excited because we are leaving our area to go the biggest mall here and eat lunch and actually go bowling with the other elders in my district. YAHOO!! well I better go but I hope all is well for everybody at home. Take care and write me anytime.
Love Elder Wilkey.
No comments:
Post a Comment