Dear Family and Friends,
Well here I am in the field on my first pday!! WOW!! I tell the field is like nothing I expected. The work is sooo hard. It really is. My area is one of the more larger ones. My area is half the city of Guarulhos. This is where the airport in São Paulo is located. My area is about 25 square miles. Our house is right in the middle and goes about 2.5 miles in every direction. There is roughly about 150,000 people in just my area. Thats alot of people for 2 missionaries. But we always have people to talk to. In any one given day we usually cover most of our area. We try to plan ahead but there are time we have one appointment in 50 minutes on the complete other side of our mission and we have to book it the 5 miles in 50 minutes.Ya not very easy. Lets say I have never slept better in my life. LOL. I fall asleep within about 60 seconds most nights. So my companions name is Elder Costa from Brazil. He does speaked some very little english but I am teachinghim some quite quickly. He is eager to learn. He has been out for about 10 months now. I am his 6th companion. We actually get along pretty well. I am very happy about this. Well as far as the work here we dont have baptisms planned yet but we have lots of investigators we are working with. Hopefully this week we will commit someone. I already have so many stories and so little time to write. The members here are great. We have about 150 people in out ward. We spend alot i mean alot of time working with new converts and less actives. I real quick want to tell a story that happened last night. We visted a less active member named Sandra. She has a 4 year old boy who is very sick (some problem with his mouth). He cant swallow solids and it hurts to do anything for him. He hasnt slept in a couple nights and it very sad. Poor little guy. Last night my companion and I had the chance to give him a priesthood blessing. After we did his mom put him back intobed where he couldnt fall asleep. About 5 minutes later she went and got him and held him while we talked to her for about another 15 minutes. When we left he was smiling and talking again and we asked "You feel better?" His response touched my heart. "YES" I promise you all that miracles do happen. Through the power and authority that my companion and I have been given we can heal the sick and helps others. This was a great experience for me. I must go now but I hope you all know I miss you and think about you often. Also last thing very important. The adress that ALL letters and packages HAVE to be sent to is not the po box (Coixa Postal) that I thought. We only can pick up mail there every 6 weeks. All the mail needs to go to my mission office. I dont have the exact address with me but I think its Rua-Cuaa or something like that. My father has the address for anybody that needs it.
Love, Elder Wilkey
My New Address:
Elder Carter Wilkey
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Açu,229-Belenzinho
São Paulo-SP 03171-020
Brazil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment