Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day and Singing In The Rain!

Hey everybody,

Life here in Brasil is still going great!! Today is Memorial Day, one of my favorite holidays in the USA so to celebrate I am throwing a HUGE american BBQ with all my favorite people from the ward here. I have been working hard to get all the american food ready. There will be about 20 that attend and everybody is so excited. The people here are now my family. I love them all so much and would do anything for them. They are soooo great to me I honestly dont have words to describe. So this BBQ is dedicated to them and I am greatful to be able to give something back to them.

I want to talk for a minute about the weather. The weather here is> really, really unpredictable. When we wake up it is usually about 45 degrees. So of course the Brazilians think the world is coming to an end. I love it!! LOL. But by lunch time it is in the high 80´s. The other thing is the rain. Right now isnt even the rainy season but it still rains alot. The problem is when we leave are house its always clear. So really we never know when it will rain or not. We do get caught in the rain alot without our "guarda Chuvas" (Umbrella.) The best one was last week. We were about 30 minutes from the church where we had a meeting with the ward counsel. As we left an appointment for there the rain started. For the next solid 25 minutes we had a real Brasilian "down pour" At first we tried to stay under canopys and what not as we walked but after 5 minutes I decided it was time to live life a little. We hopped into the middle of the street and started singing "Singing in the rain" as we walked. I might as well have hopped in pool with all my cloths. It was probably one of the greatest times of my life. I ruined a silk tie which isnt good and my babckpack was soaked. Ruined some papers inside, and had a cold after but I wouldnt have had it any other way. It was a BLAST!!!! I learned that night. Mother nature in Brazil will always win!!! Well I hope everybody is having a GREAT Memorial Day holiday!! Enjoy a burger (or 2 or 3) for me. Also please make sure to check out my blog carterstwoyearjourney@blogspot.com

Love ya all.

1 comment: