Hey family and friends,
I hope that all you mothers out there had a great mothers day!!! This last week for me for sure had its ups and downs. I started of last week with a cold which then turned to a fever of
about 101.5 degress. Can you say OINK, OINK. JK. Ya thanks goodness it went away after 2 days. But because of it I did kinda have to lay low for 2 days and not much wotk got done here. On Friday I was able to celebrate my birthday which was great. One member bought me pizza and another made me a brazilian dessert called Brigadeiro. It´s kinda like flan but made with Chocolate. Way good and we eat them alot here. The work here this week was to be honest really bad. Nobody seemed to ever be home and we didn´t have much luck knocking doors. Starting today actually we will be moving our area of focus in our area to a place called Ponte Grande. This area is about 1.5 hour walk from our house. This makes it kinda hard. But the bishop here as asked us to do this and so we will give it a try. The goal is to make a branch there since they are so far away. This wednesday we get to visit the Sao Paulo Temple so that should be great since we only get to go every 12 weeks. I found out this last week that my companion in the CTM elder meyer was actually mugged twice in his first 5 weeks. Ya I have been pretty
lucky so far. I hear from everybody that the weather there is getting nice and I wish I was there to enjoy it. I know that I will miss all the fun summer things like four-wheeling and BBQ´s and watching summer shows in the park with my sweetie. But.... In due time.
So I will end with something that I hope make everybody laugh. Our area is about 2 miles from the airport here. So the airplanes are always flying over. Of course since we are so close they fly very low with there wheels already down. Every time a plane flys over my Brazilian companion that I had would say "2011 Elder Wilkey" So I told this to my new companion and now he does it too. What am I gonna do??? LOL. Well I hope that everybody is great and I hope to hear from you all. Thanks for all your support and love!
Elder Wilkey
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment