Monday, August 31, 2009

Saturday August 29th

Like every week here lately this one was as crazy as ever. LOL. The week started of with another missionary being sent home. This always means work for me, but it
happens. Then Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we got to have Zone Conference. Normally zone conference isn’t that big of a deal but this time wasn’t any ordinary conference. We had Pres. Ulysses Soares with us the three days. He is the Area Pres. for all of Brasil. Since he is in the area presidency he is part of the first quorum of the seventy. It was great to have a general authority with us and share with us his testimony. On Wed we had a meeting with him just my companions and I and President Moreira. It was good but also very serious about things that happen here in the mission. All in all it was a great conference.

Well this week I also received another new companion. LOL. That makes 4 in 6 weeks. For the next week I have two companions and then one will go back out into the field. My two companions are Elder Gomes and Elder Sikorski. Elder Gomes is from Curitiba Brasil and the other from Porto Alegre Brasil.

Since we work in the office our house is literally in the front of the office. Its kinda nice I wont lie. Since we are so close though whenever a missionary leaves the mission he will also spend a night with us. So needless to say our house has a lot of beds. We have 3 sets of bunk beds that have three stories. LOL. I tell ya when your up there you do not wanna fall.

We work in the office from about 9 am everyday until 5 or 6 at night. The plan then is to go out and work until 9:30. But rarely we get out to work. There always is something that comes up with somebody in the mission that keeps us at the office later. I really do wish there was more time to work in field but really it just
doesn’t happen very much.

This next Monday I get to go the MTC with the mission president to interview the new missionaries that will be coming on Tuesday. I´m super excited to go back and visit everybody that works there. I wish I had more to say but here in the office we don’t get all the crazy experiences that other missionaries have. I hope everybody is doing great back at home. Love you all!!

Elder Wilkey

No comments:

Post a Comment