Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1st Letter and new pics




Hey Friends and Family,

Well yesterday was probably the best Sunday in the mission up till now. I really dont even know where to start. Yesterday while I was at church I noticed all sorts of excitement in the room at the church the young women use. Turns out they had a visitor from Salt Lake. Yesterday the ward here was blessed by a visit from Sister Eliane Dalton-the Young Womens President of the church. Turns out she was in S達o Paulo for a fireside and she wanted to visit the ward with the highest number of Young Women. Well it turns out that ward is where I am serving. I had a good chance to actually sit down with her husband who was also here and talk to him. Later on I did get a chance to have a couple different conversations with Sister Dalton. Being only one of the three people here that speak english I guess I had an unfair advantage.

Her and her husband both spake in sacrament meeting and it was amazing. The spirit was sooo strong. Her and her husband both spoke on missionary work and told the ward how amazing the missionaries that they have are. They both kept looking at us from the stand and smiling and giving thumbs up when the other would talk about us. I really dont think it could have been a better sunday.

But wait there is more. We also had 2 baptisms yesterday just to make the day better. We baptised a boy thats 11 and a girl thats 8. The boy is the first one in his family to be baptised and we are now working on marrying his parents to baptise them. The girl has an uncle thats a member but nobody else and he introduced her to the church.

All and all it was a great week and a great Sunday. I am so greatful to be here and I love my new area and my district is amazing. We have more baptisms marked for this sunday as well. I know this is the Lords work and there is no greater. Thank you everybody for all the support you give me.

Love Elder Wilkey

No comments:

Post a Comment